Support, nurture, inspire, empower.
On Track Education in Northampton is a not for profit independent special school which opened in 2010 and is registered for 48 students aged 11 to 19. The school was last rated a ‘good’ school by Ofsted in November 2017.
We support our pupils to fulfil their potential by giving them unconditional support, providing them with good quality teaching and empowering them to effectively manage their own behaviour.
We are seeking an inspiring, creative and empathetic education professional whose subject specialism is Science to work with our Key Stage 3 pupils. The ability to also teach Maths would be an advantage.
- Implement an effective and enjoyable Science curriculum which enables and encourages all pupils to make good progress and achieve their potential
- Deliver learning on a 1-2-1 basis or to small groups of pupils
- Continually develop a progressive Science curriculum and cross-curricular opportunities across the school
- Effectively monitor the progress of each pupil, checking their understanding systematically and effectively, putting in place clearly directed and timely interventions
- Qualified Teacher (QTS/QTLS/PGCE) is preferable but consideration will be given to education professionals with other teaching qualifications.
- Experience of successful secondary class/group teaching responsibility.
- Ability to prepare and deliver appropriate curriculum using a range of teaching styles and methodologies A dedication to positive behaviour management
- A passion for working with pupils with SEN and a range of emotional and behavioural difficulties
Why work for On Track?
- Our holistic approach to education with a focus on emotional and social development
- The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of children who can be educationally overlooked
- To work as part of a dedicated and supportive team
Salary £22,560 – £34,200 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience. This is the actual salary and is not pro rata for term time.
Closing date: On enquiry you will be sent an application form. Completed applications to be submitted by 5pm, Wednesday 24th August 2022.
For further information and an application form contact firstname.lastname@example.org
On Track Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Robust safeguarding checks will be undertaken before the appointment is confirmed including a full Disclosure And Barring Service check.
On Track places safeguarding at the heart of all that it does and all staff are expected to be mindful of safeguarding and child protection issues in relation to all pupils
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 therefore certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed, and if they are disclosed, we cannot take them into account.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation, totally Committed 2 Equality.