We are looking for an existing or aspiring HLTA who is ready to progress their career. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and proactive person with good communication skills and a sound educational background. The role will complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This may include planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individual/groups in order to raise standards of achievement. Also to supervise whole classes occasionally during short-term absence of teachers, including PPA.
The successful candidate will have:
- Met the Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards and have HLTA status OR be able to demonstrate their capabilities in meeting the standards and be committed to achieving this status once appointed
- Proven experience of planning and leading teaching and learning activities for individuals/groups and whole classes
- Experience of a range of the full primary years
- A commitment to getting the best outcomes for all pupils
- Good communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Sensitivity and understanding, to help establish good working relationships with children, staff and parents
- Ability to work flexibly, independently using own initiative and constructively as part of a team
- Personal commitment to on-going professional development
- A warm, welcoming and friendly school
- An opportunity to be part of a supportive and dedicated staff team
- Courteous and hardworking pupils
- Continuous training to further enhance your development in school
Curious? Questions? Interested? Please telephone the Headteacher 01858 575431 for an informal conversation.
To apply please complete an application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications welcomed by Friday 24th September 2021.
Peterborough Diocese Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.