Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge supporting children and young people with a range of special educational needs where every day is different but rewarding? Can you juggle meeting the children’s needs, planning great experiences, playing, signing, toileting, feeding, and being asked to undertake a million different jobs all with a SMILE on your face? Can you be a musician, an artist, a performer, a player, a dancer, a magician, a baker, an athlete or a scientist at the drop of a hat? If so then you could be one of our new SEN Learning Support Assistants where we will ask you to use your passion and enthusiasm to engage children in creative ways every minute of every day.
Learning Support Assistants with a passion for teaching and caring for children with special educational needs required for our all through special school for children aged 4-18 years in Corby. We are a new SEN school and we are already an outstanding team of highly motivated and lively individuals who all give above and beyond every day. We welcome applications from those with experience or from those looking to start a career in this field; the right attitude and aptitude is paramount. Whatever your background you should be able to demonstrate that you are hardworking, committed, passionate about children, and above all, an exceptional practitioner who cares deeply about making a difference to the lives of children. Are you willing to give above and beyond to ensure our school is always outstanding? We are looking for the best of the best and we really hope that this could be you!
We are keen to find the right people for these posts and can offer a good package of support which includes a very comprehensive induction package to include signing, manual handling, medication administration and safeguarding as well as all elements of Learning and Teaching. There are opportunities within the school as it grows to take on further roles and further training.
We are looking for Permanent Learning Support Assistants to fill these following posts The posts are for EVERY day with hours of 8.40-3.40 with a Team meeting till 5 pm every Wednesday. Our staff go above and beyond this though at every level.
At this stage we are not accepting applications for part time working.
This post is NJC Scale point E4 Level 2 posts – This post is a permanent post subject to a rigorous 6 month probation period.
The SEN Learning Support Assistant role will be ideal for someone who has a positive and caring approach when working with children who have special educational needs (SEN). You will be required to work closely with the class teacher and support children and students, encouraging them to engage with various activities to help them to achieve success and to learn. Experience or understanding of Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties/Autism or High Functioning Autism would be of help, but is not essential.
You will be based in one of the Primary or Secondary classes and work closely across the day with your class teacher and colleagues. It is essential that you are able to work closely with parents and families.
What we want from you!
- Excellent behaviour management skills with the ability to work as a part of a team
- Punctual and reliable.
- Calm and resilient approach.
- A passion for helping young people progress and develop.
What our children want from you!
- GREET ME EACH DAY -Wish me good morning, and send me off with a “see you tomorrow.”
- SMILE -When you look at me, let me see happiness in your eyes.
- GIVE ME YOUR ATTENTION -Sit and talk with me privately; even if only for a second.
- IMAGINE WITH ME-Help me dream of things I might be able to do; not just the things I need to do now.
- GIVE ME CHALLENGES -Show me how to handle it. Teach me what to do.
- ASK ABOUT ME -Inquire about my weekend, the game I played, the places I go. It shows you care about my life.
- LET ME HAVE TIME -Time to let things sink in. Time to think. Time to reflect, process, and play.
- DEMAND OF ME -Hold me accountable to high standards. Don’t let me get away with less if you know I am capable of doing better.
- NOTICE ME -Leave special messages in my desk or locker. Just a quick note that says you notice something right.
- LET ME ASK THE QUESTIONS -Even if my questions are off topic, let me ask them. It will show that I am thinking about new perspectives, curious, and willing to learn more. Let me have the chance to show what I am wondering about, not just what I know.
- ENGAGE ME -I came to you in love with learning. Keep me excited, keep me wanting more.
- TRUST ME -Believe that I can do it. Allow me the chance. I promise to show you I can.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
- Experience of working with children and/or young people either through work or study
- A positive and caring attitude with a flexible approach as every day is different here
- The ability to work within a team – we are highly motivated, lively and fun!
- Experience of meeting personal care needs – you will need to be up for a huge range of jobs!
So! Are you interested? Do you have what it takes to join our super team and help shape our school and community? Are you able to work with a wide range of professionals and families to ensure that our children receive the very best?
If so then please call the school to request an application form. CVs and late applications will not be considered.) Your application should CLEARLY state the post that you are applying for, and in your supporting statement you should detail WHY you want to work at Red Kite, the SKILLS you have and also what YOU can bring to the role. CLOSING DATE 10th September 2021
Please call on 01536 216489 if you require any further details or to be emailed an application form – applications via this site will not be considered.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates as well as adhering to strict safeguarding procedures.
Your application will be subject to 2 educational references and enhanced DBS check.
CLOSING DATE – 10th September