We have two roles available:
1. Teaching Assistant – learning support
2. Teaching Assistant – 1:1 support for learning & medical needs (diabetes)
Woodland View Primary School is a two form entry school at the heart of a thriving and supportive community in Grange Park, Northampton.
We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic and motivated Teaching Assistants to:
1. Support the learning of pupils with additional needs under the guidance of the class teacher, recent experience in primary schools would be desirable
2. Support a pupil on a one-to-one basis with additional learning needs and specific medical needs. Previous experience of working with young people with medical needs linked to diabetes would be desirable but training opportunities will be provided for the successful candidate.
You will be working under the guidance of the class teacher to monitor the insulin pump, track food and input correct information on the pump system and you will need to take regular blood/ketone readings as and when required. The successful candidate will also need to be able to develop positive, professional relationships with parents.
Both roles: Monday to Friday, 8.40am-3.15pm (27h 55m)
If you are:
- Positive about supporting pupils to reach their full potential
- Able to communicate effectively and sensitively with both children and adults
- Creative in finding ways to help children learn
- Motivated and able to use your initiative to support children and others in your team
- Excited about working as part of a committed and friendly team
…then we would love to hear from you!
Woodland View Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in our care and expect all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and the receipt of 2 satisfactory references.
Socially distanced visits to the school are a speciality! Please contact Mrs Susie Howles (Assistant Head & Inclusion & Welfare Leader) at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit and to request the application pack.
It is expected that this will be a long term role but it is Initially a fixed term contract until Easter 2022.