We currently have a vacancy for a
Part-time Level 2 SEN Teaching Assistant (1484)
Fixed Term Contract – Unspecified End
Salary: Grade E (5-6) £19,312 to £19,698 pro rata (£10.01 to £10.21per hour)
20.00 hours per week
Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
38 weeks per year – Term Time Only
NJC Scale per annum PRO RATA
The post involves offering one to one support for a child in our school with SEN. You will be working under the guidance of the Class Teacher, developing and implementing various strategies to facilitate learning, in line with the individual pupil’s needs and abilities.
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, shows initiative and has a desire to have a positive impact on the pupil’s learning outcomes.
You will need to:
- Have the ability to build positive relationships with children
- Be hard working, enthusiastic and creative, with plenty of patience and an understanding of children’s needs
- Offer encouragement and praise to build self-confidence
- Provide feedback on learning progress to the Class Teacher
- Have the ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent communication skills
Applications from candidates with experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs, are particularly encouraged, although there will be training opportunities available for the successful candidate.
We are committed to safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people in our care, and expect all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and the receipt of 2 satisfactory references.
Warmington School is a small and vibrant village primary school, located in the picturesque village of Warmington. We currently have 92 pupils on roll, from Reception to Year 6. We received a ‘Good’ judgement for our Ofsted inspection in January 2018.
We are able to offer you:
- Excellent support from a professional and caring team
- Well-behaved, polite and enthusiastic pupils
- A strong team spirit within a small, hard-working staff
- Supportive parents and Governing Body
The closing date for applications is by 31st August Interviews: From 1st September 2021
Anticipated start date: ASAP after interview and relevant checks