Wanted – SEN Teaching Assistant (Nursery)
Start Date: 12th April 2021 or sooner if possible
Salary: SCP 3-4 (£18,562 – £18,933) pro rata
Contract: Full time – 30 hrs/wk – temporary initially until 20th July 2021 with potential to extend for the following academic year.
St James CE Primary School is a values led, two form entry primary school in the heart of Northampton. Part of the Peterborough Diocese Education Trust (PDET), we have a strong Christian ethos and a county-wide commitment to children with SEMH needs through our specialist units and outreach work.
We are looking for:
- Someone who supports the Christian ethos and inclusive nature of St James and who works to embed our values with children, staff, governors, parents and the wider community;
- An excellent Early Years practitioner who has a relevant L2/L3 qualifications and appropriate literacy and numeracy skills to support children in the Early Years or someone who is motivated to take these qualifications with the support of the school;
- An individual who has an understanding and experience of working with children with special needs and responds positively and with patience to the challenges these children face;
- Someone who has high expectations of children’s learning and can motivate children to achieve their potential;
- A person who makes learning fun, engaging and memorable;
- Someone who is reflective and continually seeks to improve their practice;
- A person who has excellent team skills who can inspire colleagues and children alike;
- Someone who understands our children and our community and who is able to build supportive relationships with parents;
- Someone who has patience, resilience and a desire to make a difference;
- An energetic individual who smiles often, challenges positively and drives change for the benefit of all.
We can offer you:
- A friendly, supportive staff and welcoming, lively children who need your support;
- A Headteacher, Early Years Leader and Senior Leadership Team who will encourage and support you to achieve your potential;
- Appropriate CPD to develop your skills and ensure you are successful.
Socially distanced visits to see our school are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01604 751475 to arrange an appointment.
Application packs are available, if required, from Jo in the office or from our website www.stjames.northants.sch.uk
Closing Date for applications: midday Thursday 11th March 2021
Shortlisting: Thursday 11th March 2021
Interviews: Friday 12th March 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and safer recruitment practice. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants and references will be requested for shortlisted applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process. The successful applicant will also be expected to have two satisfactory references and undertake a medical questionnaire.