Specialist Provision Class Teacher
Woodlands is a 40 place provision situated within Headlands Primary School. We cater for children with significant communication and interaction difficulties, including Autism.
We are looking to appoint a fun, inspiring and talented teacher to join our already amazing Woodlands Team.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about working with children with special educational needs, has the enthusiasm and drive to deliver a bespoke primary school curriculum and will make sure our children achieve their true potential.
Our Woodlands values of Communication, Inclusion, Independence, Social Skills and Success are at the forefront of everything we do.
This role would be ideal for you if:
- You are a qualified teacher
- You have previous experience of working with children with SEN, in particular with ASD
- You have previous experience of using the TEACCH approach (further training will be provided)
- You have a growth mind-set and are solution focused
- You are an excellent communicator who can form positive relationships with staff, children and parents
- You are a patient, kind and caring person
- Early Years’ experience is an asset
What our children want from you!
- SMILE – Welcome me every day with a smile and greet me with enthusiasm.
- POSITIVITY – Celebrate my successes and wow moments.
- ENGAGEMENT – Develop my love of learning. Make it fun and exciting and relevant to the world around me.
- COMMUNICATION – Support me to have a voice and be able to express myself.
- INDEPENDENCE – Help me when I need it but encourage me to do things for myself.
- ASPIRATIONAL – Challenge me to achieve high and have high expectations of me.
- RELATIONSHIPS – Show an interest in me and my likes and dislikes. Know what works best for me in the classroom and how best to support me.
In return we can offer you:
- An enthusiastic, passionate and committed staff team who have high expectations of themselves and the children;
- A supportive Senior Leadership Team with a strong commitment to the school;
- A comprehensive induction programme and opportunities for excellent, high quality professional development;
- A school where ‘Inclusion’ is given high priority.
Tours of the school are welcomed and really encouraged.
We have set aside the following dates and times –
Monday 20th September at 4.30pm, Friday 24th September at 2pm, Monday 27th September at 4pm, Friday 1st October at 10am. Please ring the school to book a place on the tour.
Closing date – Wednesday 13th October 2021
Interviews week beginning 18th October 2021
Interviews w/b – 24th May 2021
For further information and to apply for the position, please download the attached documents or contact the School Business Manager, Annie Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Headlands Primary School is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. References will be sought for all short listed candidates and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.