This is an exciting time to join the newly established leadership team in shaping the future for Thorplands Primary School & Nursery. We are looking for passionate, ambitious and committed staff to join us on our journey. If you have a clear vision for inclusion, please take the time to visit our school and see what a positive impact your role could have.
We need an experienced, highly effective Inclusion Leader to work as part of our extended Senior Leadership Team. The role will be focussed on ensuring that children with SEN and EAL are effectively supported to reach their potential at our school. We are looking for our new Inclusion Leader to begin with us as soon as possible, with the latest possible start date for the post being 1st September 2021.
Northampton Primary Academy Trust aims to achieve educational excellence; creating opportunities and enriching lives. This applies to our fabulous staff as well as our children.
NPAT schools prioritise staff well-being and commit to the NPAT Employee Pledge, informed by recommendations within the DfE Workload Review, which means that we are committed to:
- A fair and reasonable workload.
- High quality training and professional development opportunities including secondments, leadership support and mentoring.
- A Pay and Reward package at least equal to the national agreement for teachers, and the Local Authority pay scale for support staff.
- Regular network opportunities with teachers in similar roles across other NPAT schools.
- Higher priority placement in the school that you work at for the admission of staff children.
In addition we offer innovative schools which are committed to the development of sport and the arts through our links to the Royal Shakespeare Company, Microsoft and the Northampton School Sports Association.
The ideal candidate will embody the NPAT values and will:
- Be passionate about supporting children to achieve their best in everything that they do.
- Understand the needs of our community that we serve.
- Be committed to the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Establish positive and supportive relationships with children and parents.
- Be patient, calm and resilient with a positive attitude and a sense of humour.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and safer recruitment practice. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants and references will be requested for shortlisted applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process. The successful applicant will be expected to have two satisfactory references and undertake a medical questionnaire.
If you think that you are the person for us, we would love to show you round our school to meet some of our children and staff. Please contact the finance manager, Ellie Alexander, on 01604 493384 to arrange a visit.
Applications should be submitted using our Trust application form via email to email@example.com by 12pm Thursday 18th March 2021. Please also submit the equal opportunities monitoring sheet and a letter of no more than two pages summarising your proven ability relating to the job description and person specification.
Interviews to be held week beginning 22nd March 2021.
We look forward to meeting you.