The governors are looking for an inspiring individual to lead our school. You will be building on and strengthening our current successful position and leading us into the next phase of development and growth. We welcome applications both from current heads and from developing leaders looking for their first Headship role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, friendly village school with a strong, supportive and committed team. You will be supported by a proactive governing body and PTFA as well as a dedicated and close-knit teaching team.
Newbottle and Charlton CEVA School is a small and vibrant school at the heart of the community, serving a network of local villages. It has strong links with the village pre-school and the parish church, as well as other schools locally.
WE ARE SEEKING A HEADTEACHER WHO CAN DEMONSTRATE:
- The ability to drive and inspire the highest standards of teaching and learning in a primary school setting, in line with the new Ofsted framework, from EYFS through to Year 6;
- Leadership to maintain our school’s Christian character (‘outstanding’ in its last SIAMS inspection) and to continue to develop its Christian ethos;
- Passion to ensure that all children are seen as unique individuals, and that they all achieve their full potential;
- The ability to use data and systems to analyse and drive improvement;
- Outstanding teaching ability as this post includes some teaching commitments;
- The capability to manage the finances and staffing of the school to ensure that the budget remains healthy, making the best use of the school’s resources;
- Good communication skills with the ability to work with a range of stakeholders to build on the successes already achieved within the school.
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A school with a ‘good’ Ofsted rating and an ‘outstanding’ SIAMs judgement;
- A strong curriculum with a talented and enthusiastic staff team;
- A school that has a positive approach to change and new initiatives;
- A passionate and committed governing body;
- A lovely village learning environment with well-designed school buildings and investments in ICT;
- Well behaved pupils with outstanding attitudes to learning;
- Engaged parents and an active and committed PTFA;
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
All information on the school’s website: www.newbottleandcharlton.co.uk
The job description and person specification will be available from the office: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 9th April – 5pm
Applications will only be accepted on the application form: available on request from email@example.com
We will accept hard copies delivered by post or hand as well as copies of the application form emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERVIEW DATE: Friday 19th April 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be advised in advance of a range of tasks and activities for the selection day. All applicants will be informed whether they have been shortlisted or not.
Newbottle and Charlton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow Safer Recruitment practice to reflect this. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, and references will be taken up before the interviews.