Outdoor Learning Coordinator
Salary: NJC Scale G8-12 – £20,493 – £22,183 FTE
We are seeking to recruit an Outdoor Learning Coordinator to develop and deliver off-site / on-site programmes for identified individuals and groups of individuals. To work within the pastoral team and in collaboration with the leadership team to further develop, coordinate and assess the impact of, the extended curriculum provision across the school. We welcome candidates with the suitable experience, motivation and commitment to apply for the role.
Daventry Hill School is a co-educational all-through (4-18) school for pupils with special educational needs in Daventry. The school opened in September 2016 to a limited number of pupils in all age groups; the school has grown each year since then and is expected to be full within the next year, with a roll of 175 pupils. In 2018, Daventry Hill School joined the Creating Tomorrow Multi-Academy Trust, a growing Trust supporting schools who believe that children can achieve irrespective of their learning needs.
- Positive and passionate about working with students with learning disabilities
- A good or outstanding practitioner with experience of supporting young people with communication difficulties
- A reflective practitioner
- A team player who can work as part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Able to motivate and lead by example
- Knowledgeable about the learning needs of students with a range of barriers to overcome
If you are, then we can offer:
- A nurturing group of staff, who are committed to achieving high standards for our pupils and students
- A strong ethos and collaborative working
- Dedicated teaching assistants and pastoral support
- A rigorous induction programme
- Opportunities for quality professional development
- A holistic consultative approach to each young person
- Well-being package including advice, support and guidance. Recognition for attendance and Perkbox!
Visits to the school are usually warmly welcomed; however, due to COVID-19 this is not currently possible. We would encourage you to contact HR administrator Shelley Lewis on 01327 703135 or email@example.com to make arrangements to have a discussion about the school with a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Closing Date: Friday 12th March 2021 – 12 Noon.
Interview Date: Wednesday 17th March 2021
Creating Tomorrow Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding children, promoting the welfare of all students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for the successful candidates.