We are looking for a primary-based Class Teacher to join us at the Purple Oaks Academy.
About the role and you:
We are seeking to appoint a class teacher who is committed to providing a welcoming, stimulating learning experience for all students. What we are really looking for is someone who is passionate about working with students with special educational needs and someone who is willing to contribute to the broader Academy life.
To be successful you will need to be:
- familiar with delivering a thematic curriculum,
- familiar with differentiating for a range of learning needs,
- creative, enthusiastic and dedicated to ensuring that students’ individual needs are met,
- able to provide students with a positive learning journey and help them to achieve their aspirations.
Experience of working with young people with autism would also be advantageous.
This role is suitable for both experienced professionals who wish to progress their career and NQTs who want to begin their career in a learning rich environment, both from mainstream and SEND settings.
We can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to work in a unique and growing academy with students with a range of complex needs,
- A supportive and welcoming team with a wide range of experience,
- A new building designed to meet the needs of our students with large outdoor spaces,
- Career development opportunities as the Academy continues to grow and develop, an ongoing programme of continuous professional development activities through the local Teaching School Alliance and Greenwood Academies Trust Learning Alliance, including a Trust NQT programme,
- Dedicated planning, preparation and assessment time.
Our purpose-built building opened in January 2018 and will provide 100 places for students (3-18) with a diagnosis of autism and/or Severe Learning Difficulties. The Academy currently has 94 students on roll from Reception to Year 10 and will grow to 100 in September 2021 with Reception to Year 11.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer tours of the academy at the moment but we do have a virtual tour on our website https://www.purpleoaksacademy.org/ . Opportunities to have a discussion about the role with a member of the leadership team are also available and you can contact Tina Matty, email@example.com to arrange this.
If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. As part of our need to comply with UK immigration rules, you will be required to provide Home Office stipulated documentation prior to interview.