Upton Meadows Primary School, part of Northampton Primary Academy Trust, have a vacancy for Lunchtime Supervisor. The hours are 11.45am to 1.30pm (8.75 hours per week), 38 weeks per year (term time only).
We are looking for someone who enjoys working with children, has a flexible approach, with the ability to work both independently and as part of team and to use initiative in dealing with situations effectively. Someone who has good communication skills, a sense of humour, a caring personality and a confidential nature.
Northampton Primary Academy Trust aims to achieve educational excellence; creating opportunities and enriching lives. This applies to our fabulous staff as well as our children.
NPAT schools prioritise staff well-being and commit to the NPAT Employee Pledge, informed by recommendations within the DfE Workload Review, which means that we are committed to:
- A fair and reasonable workload.
- High quality training and professional development opportunities.
- A Pay and Reward package at least equal to the national agreement for teachers, and the Local Authority pay scale for support staff.
- Regular network opportunities with staff in similar roles across other NPAT schools.
- Higher priority placement in the school that you work at for the admission of staff children.
In addition, we offer innovative schools, which are committed to the development of sport and the arts through our links to the Royal Shakespeare Company, The National Gallery, Microsoft and the Northampton School Sports Association.
The ideal candidate will embody the NPAT values and will:
- Be passionate about supporting our school to achieve the best in everything that we do.
- Understand the needs of our community that we serve.
- Be committed to the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Establish positive and supportive relationships with staff and external partners.
- Be patient, calm and resilient with a positive attitude and a sense of humour.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and safer recruitment practice. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants and references will be requested for shortlisted applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process. The successful applicant will be expected to have two satisfactory references and undertake a medical questionnaire.
A virtual tour of our school is available on our school website under the ‘About Us’ section and if you would like a conversation with the Headteacher, please contact the school office on 01604 683850.
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th March 2021 at 5pm and it is anticipated that interviews will be w/c 22nd March 2021. If you would like any further information, please contact the school directly.