We are looking for a person who has:
• A good level of English and Maths, (GCSE C grade or equivalence)
• Experience of working with primary aged pupils for English and Maths, particularly Key Stage One
• Experience of supporting pupils with hearing impairments and speech and language would be an advantage
• An ability to build good working relationships with adults and children
• High-expectations of behaviour
• An ability to support teachers in promoting pupils’ spiritual, moral, social development
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Computer literacy
• Qualities such as being caring, positive, flexible, enthusiastic and reliable
• An interest in playing a full-part in all aspects of school life
• Flexibility to assist with lunchtime supervision on occasion
The Teaching Assistant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff codes of conduct.
The post will be 17.5 hours, spread over the working week – Monday to Friday, 39 weeks per year, (term time only). The successful candidate will need to be flexible at times. The post is initially a one year contract, with the strong possibility of becoming permanent. The salary is from the Northamptonshire County Council Grade D £9.62 per hour, which is the full time equivalent of £18,562 per year.