The English department at Huxlow is a committed and supportive team, comprising of experience teachers, ECTs and non-specialists. The English Department believe that all students are entitled to a challenging, academic and enjoyable experience of English. Our aim is to enthuse students to become confident readers and academic writers. Teaching through stories to enhance language skills and develop critical understanding of the world around them. There are also opportunities for collaboration with schools within TOVE Trust to share expertise and support the development of English teaching at Huxlow.
• To develop a curiosity, excitement, and passion for English within students at Huxlow.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and build a culture of excellence in all classes.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor
• To provide a learning experience which gives the students the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support the English curriculum area as appropriate.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
For more information, please see the full job pack.