BARTON SEAGRAVE PRIMARY SCHOOL
SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHING ASSISTANT required.
Post: Special Needs Teaching Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed Term pending budget review
Hours: 28.75 hours per week
Pay: £9.62 per hour to £9.81 per hour
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to join our vibrant and dedicated team. You will primarily be supporting one of our Y5 children who has a diagnosis of autism and an EHCP. The primary areas of need are supporting their speech and language and developing their social communication and interaction skills.
The position would ideally suit someone who is calm and patient with the ability to inspire and motivate children. Excellent literacy and numeracy skills are essential as well as the ability to work as part of a team. Full training and support will be given in this area.
The post is for 28.75 hours a week and will involve support in the classroom setting and at break/lunch times.
The post will involve:
- Supporting the child in 1:1 sessions group and whole class basis
- Supporting the acquisition of phonic/decoding skills
- Developing their social interaction skills
- Liaising with parents and external agencies
- Implementing individual support programmes
We can offer:
- Happy motivated children who value learning
- A creative approach to the curriculum
- Children who demonstrate exceptionally high standards of behaviour
- A supportive and fun loving team of staff and governors
- Quality continued professional development
Barton Seagrave Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Telephone Number: 01536 722793
School Website: www.bartonseagraveprimaryschool.org
Please Apply By: Friday 24th September
Interview Date: Week commencing 27th September
Job Start Date: ASAP
Please complete the application form attached (also available on our school website) and return to the school by email or post.