Please note: on 16th Feb we will be running essential updates to this site
Sponne is an outstanding community comprehensive school with some 1490 students aged 11-18 on roll with 170 staff. The school is part of Tove Learning Trust, comprising of thirteen schools and also has a training school and the Grand Union Training Partnership on site.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic experienced SEN Teacher to commence in September 2023 in our vibrant and exciting School. The successful candidate will be willing to undertake the EAA training course to be able to assess and teach students with a range of difficulties, both individually and in small groups and to carry out assessment for exam access arrangements.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our SEN department, visits are warmly welcomed.
The successful candidate will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status
- Have excellent teaching skills
- Be prepared to undertake training to assess students for exam access arrangements and to help inform what level of provision is required
- Be able to demonstrate sensitivity when working in partnership with our vulnerable students, parents, carers and visiting external agencies
- Assist the SENDCo in ensuring appropriate differentiation is taking place across the curriculum
- Meet the person specification and will be required to apply for DBS clearance.
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment procedures for all vacancies.
How to apply
All documents including the full job description, person specification and application form are available on our website www.sponne.org.uk Please ensure your application form and covering letter includes examples of your experience and how you meet the criteria outlined in the job description and person specification. Further information requests or completed applications should be sent to Vikki Napier, HR Manager & Headteacher’s PA E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01327 350284.
Closing date: Noon Thursday 23rd February 2023