Job ID no. VR7394
Latimer Arts College
We are looking for committed and conscientious individuals who are interested in playing an active role in the future development of the College and education of our students. You will be willing to learn, share and participate in the governance of the College and bring your life experiences to the benefit of the governing body.
You will be a good team player but have the ability to stand back and question when you believe challenge is necessary. Good communication skills are essential as governors are expected to play a full role in College life.
- We have 6 Full Governor meetings each academic year. These are currently held on a Thursday night from 6.00pm to 8.00pm. You will need 2 hours prior to each meeting to read through the board papers.
- The Finance sub-committee meet 3 times a year, also for 2 hours and these meetings are currently held on a Monday.
- Participation on ad hoc committees that may be created for specific issues.
- You will be allocated to a specific department as link governor and expected to attend 1 Standards meeting per academic year during school hours.
- In addition, you will carry out a governor monitoring visit to your designated department each academic year.
- You may also wish to make less formal visits to your link department to gain a better understanding of how it operates.
- Attendance at key events, including our annual Pride of Latimer Awards Evening and Year 7 Open Evening is essential.
- There are also many other community events where your attendance would be welcomed.
- Attend a new Governor Induction training course.
- Attend additional governing training when required.
- Participate in the on-line training modules.
If you would like further information, please contact Joanne Ridley, PA to Principal, on 01536 720310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.