Corby Technical School invites you to join our vibrant and motivated team that is dedicated to changing lives by providing the very best outcomes for our students. As a rapidly growing school, we are seeking a well-qualified, experienced and dynamic Head of Sixth Form. This position is a key appointment in the expansion of the school and the successful candidate will have responsibility for developing and promoting our Sixth Form provision and ensuring it continues to be a centre of excellence.
First and foremost, we expect the post-holder to be an excellent and experienced classroom practitioner who has the ability to inspire students as well as other staff. The post holder must have proven experience in leading successful teams as well as possessing excellent interpersonal and strategic management skills. As our sixth form provision is relatively new, we are looking for someone with the drive and ambition to influence and shape the sixth form over the next few years; this is an exciting leadership prospect for a person who is ready for this challenge. Our aim to improve life chances by producing the ‘most employable students in Corby’ infiltrates all that we do across the school, with a strong career programme from year seven up. You will have the opportunity to work alongside our Careers development lead and Careers adviser to ensure that all sixth form students have a clear plan for their future, and aspirations to achieve to their best potential.
Additional benefits to working at Corby Technical School include:
- A fixed 8 week term structure which allows for five standardised terms, meaning that learning can be structured and delivered with consistency. Holidays also fall outside ‘normal’ term structures allowing for inexpensive travel opportunities.
- As part of the Brooke Weston Trust opportunities for staff development and career progression go beyond the school walls; fostering talent is a key aspect of our culture. You will be nurtured as a professional and encouraged in your own aspirations.
- You will be involved in networking opportunities to collaborate with other like-minded colleagues in our other schools.
- Within the Trust we have a dedicated Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub and all staff regularly attend professional development sessions either as participants or facilitators. The Teaching School has forged partnerships with professionals across the Trust, ranging from primary through to higher education providers. This partnership and expertise across the educational spectrum, allows the Teaching School to offer exceptional opportunities for our staff.
We are looking for a September 2021 appointment and would welcome visitors if you wish to tour the school prior to application to experience our unique culture and learning environment in person. To arrange a visit please contact Sarah Young on 01536 213100 or at email@example.com.
How to apply
If having read the advertisement, job description and person specification, you are motivated to apply for this position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
- Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
- Write a letter of application on no more than two sides of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form by e-mail to: Mrs Sarah Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd April 2021 – 5.00pm.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.