Kettering Park Junior Academy is an ambitious, inclusive academy where every child is made to feel special and valued. We work in close partnership with parents and our team is committed to continuous improvement.
Following the successful promotion of our deputy into headship, we are looking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced, and ambitious Deputy Headteacher with high expectations of themselves and others. We are looking for someone who is ready to play a key role in the overall leadership, management, and further development of our academy. This role will include teaching and therefore you will be required to demonstrate high quality teaching and learning and have the capacity to coach others.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you will provide support to the Headteacher in the performance of their duties by assisting, and where necessary deputising, in the leadership and management of the academy. You will work with the Headteacher to have a strategic view of the academy and to look at ways to constantly move the academy forward on our journey. In addition, you will support the management and development of teaching and learning throughout the academy, in order to promote improved educational outcomes for the children. We expect high degrees of commitment but in return you will work in an environment that is supportive and where staff wellbeing has a very high profile.
We are looking for:
- Effective leadership and management skills
- An exemplary practitioner with the ability to coach and develop colleagues
- A commitment to adapting and leading change in our academy by raising standards of education and accelerating the performance and achievement of our pupils
- Experience in developing teaching and learning within a primary academy
- Experience of leading a Key Stage or team
- An ability to inspire and motivate colleagues, pupils, and parents
- A creative and innovative approach
- A commitment to keeping Children Safe in Education
We can offer:
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Opportunities to work with colleagues, within the academy and across the Trust.
- Support and challenge from the trust and trustees.
- Opportunities to innovate, inspire and lead.
Application form and job description are attached and further details are available from:
Closing date: 14th May 2021
Shortlist: 17th May 2021
Interviews: 24th May 2021
Salary – L4 – L11.