Job ID no. VR7649
Deanshanger Primary School
Deputy head role @DPS
This role will appeal to those with a proven track record of impacting positively on a whole school initiative and/or subject and/or currently in a senior leadership role such as a deputy in a smaller school. It will suit someone who can model excellent teaching and learning, is a team player, copes well under pressure and can be there for others with an endless supply of solutions and strong emotional intelligence.
Responsible for a class teaching role, leading a phase within the school and the whole school deputy role.
In addition to a class teaching role (with leadership release time), the deputy head teacher, working with the head teacher, will take a major role in:
- formulating the aims and objectives of the school (in conjunction with the Grand Union Partnership – GUP) and establishing policies for achieving these aims and objectives.
- tracking and monitoring progress, in conjunction with the SLT, head teacher, GUP and governors and providing guidance and support as needed;
- supporting staff across the school and the phase with the day to day running of the class/school, events in the school calendar and supporting professional growth of colleagues;
- leading in specific parts of the school’s forward progress as outlined in the School Development Plan – SDP;
- taking a leading role in a core subject whilst also being very knowledgeable about the school’s curriculum (including the International Primary Curriculum – IPC);
- taking on a deputy safeguarding lead role with the extensive training and expectations that this involves;
- being a positive and visible leader in the school every day and for meetings and events outside regular school hours (including the occasional evening and weekend events).If the head teacher is absent, the deputy head teacher will deputise, as directed by the governing board.
The deputy head teacher will also be expected to fulfill the professional responsibilities of a headteacher, as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD).
The role is subject to interviews, safeguarding checks and an enhanced DBS check. The Grand Union Partnership has a Child Safeguarding policy and procedure in place and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its students, each student’s welfare is of paramount importance to us and you are expected to share this commitment. All staff will fully comply with the Trust’s policies and procedures, attend appropriate training, inform the Designated Person of any concerns and record any potential safeguarding incidents appropriately.
Visits to the school are actively encouraged. Please contact the head teacher, Mrs. Rachel Rice, to arrange this – email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 13th March. All candidates will hear whether they have been shortlisted for an interview or not.