Finance and Premises Manager (School Business Manager)
Required: July 2021
Salary: Grade L 37-41 (£40,876 – £44,862 per annum)
The core purpose of the role is to strategically lead and manage the business innovation, financial and premises aspects of the school in order that the Headteacher and senior leaders can focus on teaching and learning and raising standards.
The Finance and Premises Manager acts as Chief Financial Officer and must hold a relevant Finance/Accountancy qualification and experience of managing budgets and financial reporting systems.
The postholder is a member of the Senior Leadership Team, and has direct line management responsibility for designated members of the support staff middle leader team.
Do you have:
- the capacity to play a full role in the leadership of the school?
- a finance qualification or similar accreditation and experience of managing budgets and analysing financial data/reports to present to Governors and the Senior Team?
- the capacity to lead Facilities Management and Health and Safety for the whole school?
- previous experience working at a senior level, leading teams and developing systems of internal control?
We are happy to consider candidates that do not have Health and Safety or premises management experience. The capacity to develop and train in this area would be welcomed and supported by a focused training and mentoring package.
A relevant Finance/Accountancy qualification and experience of managing budgets and financial reporting systems remain essential elements of the person specification.
We would encourage you to apply if you feel you are the skilled, focused and passionate Finance and Premises Manager we are looking for.
At Huxlow Science College, in line with our vision, we are dedicated to ensuring all our children are safe, happy and successful and go on to become safe, happy and successful adults.
In the last three years we have seen record results for the school and this, alongside our ‘good’ Ofsted judgements, mean that we are becoming increasingly popular.
Huxlow Science College can offer:
- The opportunity to join a highly successful school Ofsted rated ‘Good’ and on the journey to outstanding
- The opportunity to be part of a highly experienced, effective and supportive leadership team
- A performance management system that rewards excellence
- A motivated, committed and values-aligned support staff team
- A workplace focused on the well-being of its staff and at the forefront new initiatives
If you have experience and competencies relevant to this role and are excited to join us on our journey to outstanding we would encourage you to apply.
Closing date: Wednesday 26th May 2021 @ 09:00
Interviews: Monday 7th June 2021
Early applications may lead to early interviews and subsequent removal of the vacancy.
Informal, fact-finding conversations are welcome. Please contact Karen Squires, HR Manager to arrange a remote meeting or telephone appointment with Kim Isaksen, Acting Headteacher. Unfortunately, due to Covid19 we cannot offer a visit prior to application. If you are successful in securing an interview we will ensure you are given a full tour of the school. In the meantime please view our Opening Evening video from this academic year.
For further information please contact Karen Squires (HR Manager) email@example.com or click here
It is essential that all applications include a covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification. This must no more than 2 sides of A4 with font size 12 or greater.
Completed applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs alone or CVs submitted via agencies will not be accepted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.
Huxlow Science College is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. DBS, Reference, Identity, Criminal Record and Medical Checks are essential for all posts at the College.