The Directors of this successful, popular and up and coming Catholic Secondary School wish to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to commence on 1st September 2021
This post will be on the Leadership Scale L7 – L14
(£49,019pa to £58,125pa)
“CHRIST’S LOVE IS OUR FOUNDATION”
Our Lady Immaculate Catholic Academies Trust is a large new Catholic Multi Academy Trust situated in the northern half of the Catholic Diocese of Northampton formed by the merger of three former Catholic Trusts in February 2020. The Trust currently leads and manages ten Catholic primary schools located across the geographical area of Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire and, two Catholic secondary schools – Thomas Becket in Northampton and St Thomas More in Bedford.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and inspirational Assistant Headteacher to join us here at Thomas Becket Catholic School. This post carrier a significant responsibility as a member of the School Leadership Team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a person with a clear vision of the central role that this post will play in the future success of the school.
In return, we can offer a strong supportive team ethos committed to continuous improvement as well as any relevant training.
Some of the main aims and responsibilities for this post include: –
- Directing the work of the school
- Setting, clarifying and communicating the school’s aims, objectives and policies, under the supportive direction of the School Committee and in consultation with the staff, parents and pupils
- Collaborating with the School Committee on the appointment, deployment and management of staff and the allocation of resources
- Planning the development of the school and its activities
- Supporting the staff of the school in their work, particularly those who carry responsibilities for teams of staff.
- Monitoring the work of the school and acting to ensure that the very highest standards are maintained and that achievements are celebrated
- Evaluating the progress of the school and the effectiveness of its work
- Promoting the school in the community by establishing and developing liaison and other links
- Contribute to School Improvement Plan
All our staff uphold the core values and Catholic ethos of the school. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy. Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Ms Jan Hayes.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.thomasbecket.org.uk or on the Trust website www.olicatschools.org. If you would like a candidate pack and application please email Hayesj@thomasbecket.org.uk All completed applications should be sent to TrustHR@olicatschools.org
Interviews date : Week commencing Monday 24th May 2021
Closing date for completed applications: Thursday 20th May at 12 o’clock