Hopping Hill Primary School is a large, busy and vibrant two form entry primary school with attached nursery provision.
We are fully committed to providing an environment where pupils are happy, hardworking and healthy, and through support and challenge, fulfil their true potential. It is our aim to develop the well-rounded child – a child who is confident, resilient, motivated and prepared to adapt for the ever changing world that we are living in.
To support you in your role we can offer you:
- Kind, enthusiastic and well behaved children
- Supportive, experienced and collaborative staff
- A highly skilled and dedicated induction mentor
- A commitment to supporting the wellbeing of all members of our school (children and staff)
- An inclusive learning environment where all children are valued and listened to
- A commitment to your professional development
In return we are looking for someone who:
- Has previous experience of working with children who have special educational needs, either in a mainstream, special school or voluntary setting
- Has qualifications and/or experience of working with children with ASD
- Is prepared to put the children’s needs at the forefront of their work
- Is dedicated and hardworking with a strong sense of integrity
- Has an ability to work as part of a team
Job related skills required:
- Good verbal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to carry out instructions
- To respect confidentiality
- Willingness to reflect on practice and to develop new skills
Personal qualities required:
- Has a positive, ‘can do’ approach
- A cheerful and positive outlook
- Ability to remain calm
- Ability to behave in a consistent way in order to give a clear message to the children
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with adults and children
Minimum qualification requirement of GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English grade C or above
The post is 32.5 hours per week, term time only, from 8:30am to 3:30pm with a 30 minute lunch break
We would welcome visits to school, please contact the school office on 01604 751625 to arrange this.
This is a temporary post linked to an individual child and is linked to funding provided by the local authority while the child remains on our school roll.
Hopping Hill Primary School is committed to the safeguarding of all children and expects all staff, visitors and volunteers to adhere to the policies we have in place. Successful appointment is subject to satisfactory references, DBS enhanced check, medical clearance and permission to work in the UK.